Jun 3, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge Day 3



Day 3: List 15 interesting things about myself






1.People think I'm a lot younger than I look.
2. I wanted to be either and astronaut or a cowboy when I grew up. In that era, neither of those were available to women. Even now I could be a cowgirl but not a cowboy.
3. I love animals of all kinds. I've raised backyard chickens for about 15 years. This year for the first time we had a chick hatch at home.

One day old chick


 4. I moved 11 times in the first 15 years of my life, and I wasn't even an army brat. My mother and father just had their differences and they couldn't live with each other and couldn't live without each other. I moved a few more times after that. It wasn't until I got married and we bought a house in Florida that I lived in one place for more than two years. Today, we have lived in our Albuquerque home for 19 years.
5. I once taught keyboarding (piano) at a music school for a year. Well, less than a year because they fired me for taking time off (without pay, mind you) for a previously planned vacation before my first year's time was up.


6. I used to own a Honda GoldWing motorcycle. This was back in 1979, when they first came out, and long before women were commonly seen riding motorcycles. Once I took a casserole to work for a potluck. A coworker saw me taking it off the back of the bike where it had been bungied in place. She said, "I didn't know you were so domesticated." What did she think I was, a feral cat?

1979 Honda GL 1000, 1000cc horizontally opposed heads, drive shaft operated, liquid cooled

7. I met my husband in a bar.
8. We had both our children born at home with a midwife. We had close friends involved too. My first one weighed 9 pounds. The second one weighed 9 pounds 14 ounces. I was 36.
9. My children never had a bottle.
10. I used to ride my bicycle three to five miles every morning. Now I have fibromyalgia and can't even sit on a bike because my balance is so bad.
11.I used to love to go fishing with my grandfather when I was young. It made me feel special to be chosen to go. My grandmother would fix us a lunch of boiled eggs, vienna sausages and saltines.
12. I am extremely afraid of cockroaches---the kind we had in Texas and Florida. You know, about four inches long, crawl out of the woodwork and fly at you. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.

The only good kind of cockroach. I had to make the picture small so as to not freak myself out.

13. I love the ocean. Everything about it. So why am I living in a desert?
14. I love singing in the church choir. I have been doing that off and on since I was about 10. I love praising the Lord in song and I am grateful He gave me the gift of singing to share with others.
15. My heavenly Father wants to be your heavenly Father too. Ask me how.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!